Ithaca New Construction
Resurface existing Concrete:
- Split faced or flat faced block retainer walls
- Flat faced block retainer walls, that can be brick or stone faced
- Block frost walls for houses, garages, and commercial buildings
- Block fire walls in commercial buildings
- Block foundations for full basements or crawl spaces for houses, duplexes, appartment houses, and commercial buildings, that can be brick or stone faced walls
- Brick or stone face houses and commercial buildings
- Above grade block walls for commercial buildings, that can be brick or stone faced
- Block stairwells for basement access
- Split faced block stairs and stairwells for commercial buildings
- Block exterior fireplaces, kitchens, burn pits, wood or propane burning barbeques, that can be brick or stone faced
- Interior fireplaces with interior and/or exterior chimneys, that can be built out of brick or stone
- Brick or stone mailbox and/or light piers
- Brick or stone stairs, stairwells, and porches
- Custom made concrete chimney caps, mailbox caps, light pier caps, stair treads, and stairwell caps
- Concrete sidewalks, padios, and around swimming pools, straight and/or radius's, broom finished, stamped, and/or colored
- Concrete porches, driveways, floating slabs, broom finished, stamped, and/or colored
- Concrete basement floors, garage floors, barn floors and slabs, curbs, and poll barn floors, trowell or texture finished.
- Commercial concrete floors
Cowen Quality Masonry always prepares every job to ensure that the project will be carried out as efficiently as possible. Masonry projects can produce a fair amount of dust, dirt, and debris during construction, but we take all the steps towards a clean and safe work site.
When starting on a masonry project it is important to figure out the best methods to use to get the job done. Here are a few of the practices Cowen Quality Masonry employs in the creation of our products:
- Rebar: Rebar, ribbed metal bars that come in different diameters and 20' in length, is often used to reinforce masonry. The rebar is place inside block cells, concrete footers, floors, sidewalks, patios, and garage aprons to increase its structural integrity.
- Wire Mesh: Wire Mesh comes in sheets or rolls often used to reinforce concrete. The wire mesh is often used to reinforce concrete work, and is used to increase its structural integrity.
- Lintels: Lintels are the load bearing, precast concrete blocks or stones in entrance ways or archways which allow the structure to securely stand. Cowen Quality Masonry can create the ideal entrance way to enhance your home or make a free standing archway to divide your property into distinct sections.
- Expansion Joints: Masonry is an extremely durable form of construction but modern science must be applied to compensate for its few shortcomings. Expansion Joints are specially designed to give a bit of flexibility to masonry projects so that they do not crack due to being too rigid. Expansion joint material is used in concrete work, brickwork, and blockwork, and it is a completely different type expansion joint material per job.
- Block Wire: Block wire comes 8' in length, and is made in different widths for different block sizes, and it is used to go between block coursing every 2-3 courses of block work, to increase its structural integrity.
- Wall Ties: Wall ties are made for brick work. They are used to go between brick coursing to increase its structural integrity.
Are there lots of little holes on the surface of the concrete of various sizes and shapes? This happens when the concrete was not prepared correctly leading to little air pockets in the structure. Cowen Quality Masonry can usually fix this problem with a simple resurfacing of the area to make it look the way it should, but remember that spot resufacing will be extremely noticible.
The concrete is producing dust when touched:
There are a number of different reasons for this to occur. The way to fix this is occasionally resurfacing the area, depending on the severity of the dusting, but more often a silicate-based penetration liquid needs to be applied. This liquid is absorbed into the concrete and crystallizes, solving all but the most severe cases.